HAPPY Thanks Day
Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions. ~ Dalai Lama
I have a pretty skewed vision of “Thanksgiving”. So I thought I would by-pass all of the “nostalgia” and get to my list of happy-thankfulness.
- Family (mine and his)
- Friends (the old and the new)
- Freedom (to choose what I want)
- Dandelions: to make wishes from
- Laughter & Humor (the sound of and the ability to laugh at myself and others)
- Good food (this bears repeating twice, as do other things on my list)
- Chocolate (this should be higher on the list, but it would make me look like an addict
Now in no particular order:
- Music (the unique soundtrack of my life)
- Stimulating conversation
- The beach & the sun (obviously)
- Art (I’m not picky, as long as it makes me think)
- The moon (cue all songs with moon in them, except for Moon River)
- My students (there are days when I learn more than they do)
- Sarcasm (Skippy, you’re one of my favorite sparring partners)
- Pumpkin spiced lattes
- Nature (including the creepy insects)
- Hot chocolate with cardamom (we’re talking real cocoa here)
- Great movies (future blog idea noted)
In all seriousness, I’m a very grateful person who is thankful for all that I have and for all those I get to share with.
What are you thankful for?